From the desk of: Dr. Wallace
Look at our Eighth Graders!
High School News
10 of our eighth graders were accepted in Chaminade-Julienne and Alter High Schools in January!
The accepted students include: Daveauntae Cotton, Briana Head, DaeJour Baker, Micah West, D’Quan Bush, Brandon Montanari, Carston Hardwick, Michael Hall, Kyera Dancy and Jadice Fletcher.
Good luck to all of our eighth graders as they apply to DECA, Stivers, Ponitz, Dunbar, Meadowdale, Marshall and others. We will continue to highlight the high school acceptances of all of our eighth graders.
State Testing Begins
DLA students will begin the state tests in February. Here is the schedule for February and early March. There will be additional testing in April and May.
PBA (Performance Based
Feb 17, 18, 19
English (Gr. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Feb 24, 25, 26
Math (Gr. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Science (Gr. 5 & 8)
Social Studies (Gr. 4 & 6)
Re-Registration for 2015-16 School Year
We will begin the process of signing up students to “Stay at DLA” very soon. We give our current students FIRST CHANCE at the seats available for next school year. So watch for the re-registration packet and make sure to “SAVE YOUR SEAT”.
More Good News
Attendance is UP again this year! Tardies are DOWN again this year!
* The number of students at our Wednesday after school tutoring and Saturday tutoring is GROWING!
* The number of student suspensions is WAY DOWN from last year!
* 75% of our families and students attended our second quarter conferences. Our goal for third quarter is 90% so mark your calendars for March 26 4-7pm and March 27 9am-2pm.
* 12 students from the University of Dayton will be tutoring our students every Wednesday morning.
* DLA has been selected to have a Project Read tutor twice per week.
* DLA is the first charter public school to be selected for the Kids Read On program that we will do this summer!
Thanks for everything you are doing to get your children to school on time and to tutoring opportunities!
~ ~DLA Administrative Team