Dear Dayton Leadership Academies Families,
It is with great enthusiasm that we start the 2023-2024 school year. By choosing Dayton Leadership Academies (DLA), you are setting your child up to be a leader of their learning. Congratulations on your decision!
As our mission states, we prepare students to be leaders for today and tomorrow through a culture of joy and unwavering support. The Dayton Leadership Academies team is excited to partner with you to ensure that your child has an exceptional educational experience. Building on our strategic plan and past successes, we are confident that this mission is possible.
To ensure we achieve our school goals, we continually reflect and refine our practices and policies. DLA is entering the second year of becoming a Leader in Me School. This year we continue to promote a school culture of joy, commit to making DLA a place where students learn, set personal goals, and monitor progress, and teach and reinforce the seven habits of effective people.
We recognize that we must work together to achieve ambitious results. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that your child:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, in school uniform, and ready to learn
- Adheres to our core values by being Safe, Respectful, Responsible, and a Positive Leader
- Completes all homework and in-class assignments
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Knows that school is their job and that you expect them to work hard, succeed in school, and go on to a selective high school
It is very important that you read this handbook thoroughly so that you and your child are familiar with our school-wide expectations.
Thank you for trusting us to care for, guide, and educate your child into a positive leader. Please reach out if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] or by calling 937-567-9426.
Together in Excellence,
Mrs. Asinjo and Mrs. Kreischer
Executive Director and Principal