Dear Dayton Leadership Academies Families,
It is with great enthusiasm that I welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year. By choosing Dayton Leadership Academies (DLA), you are putting your child on a different life path! Our mission is: Each child will excel in high school, college and careers by students, parents and teachers working hard together.
The Dayton Leadership Academies team is excited to partner with you to ensure that our students have an exceptional educational experience. Building on last year’s successes and based our plans for the year, we are confident that this mission is possible.
To ensure we achieve our goals, we are continually reflecting and refining our practices and policies. It is very important that you read this handbook thoroughly so that you and your child are set up to succeed as members of the DLA Team & Family.
This year, we commit to making DLA a place where students are engaged in learning, receive individualized support, and are modeling our core values. DLA will embody a school culture of joy and achievement. We recognize that we must work together at home and school to achieve excellence this year. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that s/he:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, in school uniform, and ready to learn
- Adheres to our school core values (Safety, Respectful, Responsible, Positive Leader)
- Completes all homework and in-class assignments
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of highlights and any challenges
- Knows that school is his/her job and that you expect him/her to work hard, succeed in school, and go on to a selective high school I sincerely thank you for trusting us to educate and nurture your child. Please reach out if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions. Feel free to reach me by email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (937) 567-9426.
Together in Excellence,
Mrs. Tess Mitchner Asinjo